As AEDP so powerfully demonstrates, deep and positive transformations occur in the context of safe, supportive and positive relationships. The Core Training Program offers the quintessential opportunity to learn the theory and practice of AEDP in the inspiring company of other motivated colleagues. It’s limited to 10 participants to create group safety. Each weekend includes didactic and video presentation by the leading faculty member, followed by one hour for each group member to show tape of their own work and receive both faculty supervision and supportive feedback from group members. Core training is one of our most powerful learning experiences for integrating AEDP theory into your own clinical acumen.
The concentrated time that members spend together immersed in learning AEDP tends to foster a culture of trust and generosity which allows the risk-taking of exposing one’s own videotaped work, offers many opportunities to learn from the work of others, and creates a supportive environment that is uniquely suited for optimal experiential and reflective learning.
An Intensive, Synergistic, Three-Pronged Approach to Learning AEDP
- The development of an explicitly supportive and expansive collegial environment that can nurture the professional development of individual group members both in their local areas and within the greater AEDP community.
- Didactic seminars by Faculty of the AEDP Institute who will present AEDP theory and demonstrate its clinical applications through extensive videotaped illustrations of their work.
- Extensive clinical supervision segments during which each individual group member will have the opportunity to present their videotaped sessions and receive individual supervision from Faculty in a group setting. We are committed to maximizing learning by creating an individualized and accepting experience for all members within the context of the overall group process
- meet intensively for 5 weekends over the course of a year
- usually consist of 8-10 members
- integrate a primary focus on supervision from videotape with didactic presentations and demonstrations from AEDP Faculty
The following are our existing AEDP Core Training groups. If you do not see your region listed, please contact us to express your interest as new groups are forming soon, or contact one of our AEDP faculty members to see if there any core training groups will be forming in the geographical area of your interest.
Current & Upcoming Core Trainings – US & Canada
Current & Upcoming Core Trainings – International
Past Core Trainings:
- Core Training • 2016-2017 • San Francisco East Bay
- Core Training • 2016-2017 • New York - Transforming Resistance: AEDP/ STDP
- Core Training • 2016-2017 • New York
- Core Training • 2015-2016 • Boston
- Core Training • 2015-2016 • New York
- Core Training • 2014-2015 • Hong Kong
- San Francisco Core Training • 2014-2015
- Core Training • 2013-2014 • Boston II
- Core Training • 2013-2014 • Vancouver
- Core Training • 2013-2014 • Boston I
Couples Core Training Groups
Current & Upcoming Couples Core Trainings – US & Canada
AEDP for Couples Core Training • 2017-2018 • San Francisco
Past Couples Core Trainings:
- AEDP for Couples Core Training • 2016-2017
- Couples Core Training • 2015-2016 • San Francisco
- Couples Core Training • 2014-2015 • San Francisco
- Couples Core Training • 2013-2014 • San Francisco
For more information about Core Training or Couples Core Training, please contact the AEDP Administrator